Strategic Planner Training & Certification
Want to become a subject matter expert in strategic planning? The Certified Strategic Planner (CSP) Training Program gives participants hands-on experience applying strategic management tools and processes to their real business situations. Participants in the program learn the components to managing a strategic planning process and implementation, and are well prepared to plan and execute a comprehensive strategic management process for their company.
How Do I Become Certified as a Strategic Planner?
There are three steps to becoming certified:
- Candidates must complete the two-day, on-site training program conducted by Partners in Change. Review the full two-day agenda for the CSP Certification.
- Participants must complete CSP Certification Checklist.
- Participants must submit strategic management tools for review in 1:1 certification session with Darcy Bien, CSP instructor.
After completing all three steps, participants will receive their CSP Certificate.
Training dates for 2017:
October 26 and 27, 2017
If you are interested in receiving Strategic Planner Training & Certification announcements, please fill out this form.
[gravityform id=”8″ name=”Announcements Sign-up” title=”false” description=”false”]
What is the Content?
The certification program qualifies for continuing education units (CEU) and continuing professional education (CPE) credit. In addition each participant receives numerous articles, over 200 PowerPoint slides and the Strategy In Motion Tool Kit. The workshop content is delivered by Darcy Bien using an interactive, hands-on approach. Cases and real client experiences will be shared to improve understanding of the material.
Day 1 : Pre-Planning (Situation Analysis)
- Strategic Planning Overview
- Strategic Planning Process Baldrige™ Scorecard
- Strategic Planning Examples
- Current Strategic Planning Process Map
- Strategic Analysis
- Strategic Audit
- Stakeholder Objectives
- Internal Analysis
- Strategic Surveys
- Key Customer Surveys
- Pareto Rule
- Business Segmentation
- External Analysis
- Market Segment Analysis
- PEST Tool
- 5 Forces Tool and 7 Factor Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
Day 2: Plan Development
- Vision framework
- Personal Vision
- Mission, Vision, Core Values
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Internal – Competitive Strengths and Weaknesses
- External – Marketplace Opportunities and Threats
- Developing a Competitive Strategy
- Strategic Focus
- Strategic Choices
- Critical Success Factors/Priorities
- Outcomes as Standards of Performance
- Key Initiatives and Action Plans
- Consensus / Barriers / Challenges
- Resource Allocation
- Monitoring Process
With over a decade of direct strategic planning experience with small to medium-sized companies and having facilitated her process with over 150 project teams, your course instructor provides practical knowledge, real-life best practices and insight tailored to your specific situation. >> Learn more about Darcy Bien.
What Does It Cost?
We are now offering two-day training for just $999 without certification. Get certified for an additional $499 ($1,498 for training and certification). The two-day training includes:
- Instruction, case studies, hands-on exercises and discussion of Strategic Management
- Single User License for the Strategy in Motion Tool Kit (20+ Excel and Word file templates)
- Helpful strategic management articles and over 200 PowerPoint slides
- One-on-one coaching for 60 days after the coursework is complete
- Discounts are available for groups or individuals who prove basic strategic planning competency
- Satisfaction guaranteed!